First Meeting - Day 2 (2020-12-28)
- Severin //tiefpunkt: https://wiki.munichmakerlab.de/wiki/DC_Microgrid
- Chewie: playing around with some gear that accumulated. Panels on the house, some EP.. controller. Looking at LibreSolar controllers
Charge Controller - https://www.western.it/en/products/wrm15-dual-battery/ - looks good, but android app is useless, and their support is not helpful in fixing the problem. comments in the Italian play store also say it doesn't work, and has a poor rating.
- bitsandbytes: interested in how camp solves power
- mc_leeck: interested mostly in motors, but looking at the power side of things as well
- cfr34k: interested in ren. energy, esp. solar power. had built an mppt charger (12V,50W).
- not really documented, but would build it similar to the LibreSolar MPPT 12V 10A device (see below)
- HeNeArXn: just checking in what has happened
notes from camp: https://altpwr.net/index.php?title=Main_Page#CCCamp_2019
interesting MPTT modules: https://libre.solar/devices/mppt-1210-hus/
Projects by OpenGreenEnergy:
https://www.instructables.com/ARDUINO-SOLAR-CHARGE-CONTROLLER-PWM/ https://www.instructables.com/ARDUINO-SOLAR-CHARGE-CONTROLLER-Version-20/ https://www.instructables.com/ARDUINO-SOLAR-CHARGE-CONTROLLER-Version-30/
Benadski and doktorbob
- Old Website was interesting, but seems gone
tiefpunkt talks about GC-90 power meters
shows 7S LiPo board (sort-of matches 24V lead)
- Do a village or cluster close together so we can test our setups
- Benadski involved in the power grid
Second Meeting - Day 3 (2020-12-29)
- Martin: Libre Solar
- DC Grid for Rural electrification
-> today: tiny home systems, >=50W, usually proprietary -> Interconnect those systems?
- Test run in UK, w/ 4 participants
- Project planned in Ruanda
- Some of the developments are supposed to go back into Libre Solar
- Solar charger 12V/24V, grid 48V
- Working on new version of the 20A controller, potentially available ready built then. ETA maybe Jan/Feb 2021 - Martin will post costs in Telegram channel if anyone would like to order one. The more orders, the cheaper it will be, although there is no minimum order.
Plans for a bigger charge controller (120V input) for wind generators (https://windempowerment.com/) -> Send a message to Martin if you want to be involved
- Has some 400WH second-hand e-scooter batteries he wants to use but has not had time yet.
hk: modular battery based on 18650s in euroboxes, with DC-DC charge controllers for each box. Has a lot of 18650 batteries for use in a battery system.
DC-DC usually one low-voltage side, one high-voltage side, so it's easer to have a 48V grid with a 24V battery. Adapting a 48V battery to a 48V grid is much harder.
DC-DC-Converter by Zoe and Elen https://fully.automated.ee/raccoon.html https://twitter.com/tachiniererin/status/1343955837258248192
Festival Grid - Power metering using tasmota-compatible smart home devices. Might be also possible for 48VDC
Old AltPwr Website
Monthly/bimonthly meetings to prep for MCH
- Make a list of stuff people can bring
- tiefpunkt will set something up and post it in the telegram group
Open source DC-DC converter for "small" power sources
Portable power-mesh nodes
- based on hk's battery modules
- Goal Zero Yeti do some "meshing" which is more a daisy chaining, but isn't very efficient. The systems do communication between each other, probably via the charging cable.
Jeremail: Has a small setup with multiple dc-dc-converters Could e-bike batteries be used so that an entirely new battery system does not need to be created and the focus can be on connectivity and DC-DC converters/chargers etc? Bought a few hundred bosch lawnmower 9s2p battery packs, and have no BMS!
ecki: done own BMS, started PWM DC-DC Controller, using same TI chip as libre.solar, slightly smaller in terms of power.