202100217 Virtual Meetup
Virtual meetup, at 8pm CET: https://meet.ffmuc.net/eventgrid
Participants: ecki, martin, chewie, nico, tkteun, jeremail, uli
- Has one of Martins charge controllers to play with
- Added some information to the wiki, e.g. some information on Charge_Controllers he tried out
Working on Charge Controllers
- still has some 10A controllers for sale
- waiting for the 20A controllers to arrive
- Over-the-air updates via ESP32
- Playing around with OpenEnergyMonitor, InfluxDB/Grafana, etc.
Looking for some information on LoRaWAN
- Severin has been at The Things Conference, there are some interesting talks
Looking into BMS - anyone have any experience with that? **crickets**
- Got an MCH camper ticket, but might be able to give it to someone who needs it
- Looking for a DC connector that is case mountable
- Ideas: Powerpole SB (used by many amateur radio folks)
Got a Beaudens B3801 "Portable-Generator" Battery station
- LiFePo based - safer than LiIon
- Inverter produces a clean sinewave, even under load
- Uses quite a bit of power when idle though
- Quite cheap 
Looking for an XT60 Hub
- Built a Solar Charge Controller off a design he found online, with some weird design choices that got him thinking
- e.g. where to put fuses in the design?
- Put together the first prototype of his LoRaWAN Batter Pack Monitor, which totally did not work as expected
- Submitted a proposal for a DC Grid connection box to a Element14 Deisgn Competition (to force him to actually build something) - still waiting on feedback
Always a good topic
- Speakon - Quality issues with stuff from AliExpress, local stuff somewhat expensive, but apart from that quite interesting
- PowerCon - Similar to Speakon, but also used for mains power, which could lead to some unintended issues...
- XLR 4pin - there is a standard for professional AV equipment using these connectors for 12V
Plugs with the option for data connections?
- Weipu SP21 was recommended by Zoe some time ago
- Speakon has 4pins...